Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Bro, Ashely's here"


"This is a gift for you,
upwrap your life!"
-Attack Attack
What do you see when you look at these six guys. For me, I see courage. And even though these six guys do not claim to have a relationship with Jesus Christ, their lyrics sure are bold!
"We live for what he's worth, and that's more than you'll know. He died for what he loved, and what he loved was you!" - Attack Attack
I met this band about 2 years ago, never read their lyrics, only enjoyed their screaming as I entered a new style in music. I'll admit that I had never found interest in screamo music. A lot of people consider it "devil music". A lot of people, cannot understand this type of music, and a lot of people just don't find it appealing.
It's hard to explain how this type of music soothes me. So I will not explain. What I will say is that, a lot of people judge, these grungy, "metalcore" bands. But looking a little closer, could suprise you.
Tonight I was so excited to read most of Attack Attack's new album lyrics!
God creates all of us in different ways, different styles, but we all have one thing in common, we were made to worship! And even though, we may not all worship the same, giving God the glory is what matter's most! So scream, sing, speak, we were made for a purpose, to honor our KIng!
"And this is my call to the faithful, I'll be for only you.
Doing what you, have called to me,
No one could ever understand,
My shame you took, with those nails in your hand.
Get up, get up, He's calling your name,
don't have to be something your not!"
"And here's your escape,
he calls out your name, you fall to your knees
And answer his call....
Lord I will be anything for you"
With Love,
Callie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment