Thursday, March 4, 2010

Would you like a spot of tea?

I have been singing worship songs ever since westin's funeral. I'm thinking he told God, that he wanted everyone there, "To just be quiet already and just worship!"


We sit on my bed, laughing at random people who appear on the screen. But on one occasion a boy with a banana suit appears on our screen and we fall into laughter. My mother would say, "This is so dangerous." But the truth is I've got my mamaw's genes and meeting new people is what excites me. Let me explain first about the website, you have no axcess to log in, no one knows your name unless you chat with the person on your screen and tell them yourself and you can next people as soon as you seen them and don't approve. My roommates tell me its creepy but they sit beside me, out of the camera's view and giggle as we pass by a lot of strange people. Now back to the story. Last night, as we were "chating" a boy in a banana suit happened upon our screen. We didnt' push next right away instead we sat there and laughed for a good 5 minutes, and then I ask him why he was wearing this suit. He typed in that it made people smile, and he enjoy doing so. He explained he had lots of cool hats and preceeded to put on another one. This one, had a Irish hat and beard. Pretty funny!! At that time two of his friends walked into the room. We begin to chat in the text box. They were from UK, in a dorm room, it was 1 in the morning there, and this is the exciting part.....wait for it.....When they finally figured out that they could talk to us through web cam.......well first of all there accents were amazing, we had them say all sorts of things in their british accents, but that's not even the best part. Dom the main guy who we first met is majoring in journalism, Rik the second guy is majoring in broadcasting, both of them together have a radio show every wednesday night. And even though those that read this are shaking their heads, I think its amazing how people all around the world can have the same interest as us. So every wednesday nights I'm going to be listening to Dom & Rik: North vs South, OMG Radio. And no it doesn't stand for "Oh My God" as I later learned. haha :)

I'm thanking God for the day, but praying for corey to get back before the weekend. This is so frustrating!!

No comments:

Post a Comment