Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Most birds can fly.


This semester has been a day to day progress in two of my classes. At the first of the semester one of our broadcasting teachers hurt her back and was unable to attend classes for a week. That week turned into to two weeks, and two weeks turned into 6 weeks. We have 7 weeks left and they are just now laying down the law. Since there are no more broadcasting teachers to take care of our class, they have put the leadership roll, in the hands of two graduate assistants. These two individuals feel the need to crack the whip a little harder than we (as in us broadcasting students) are used to. An email was sent out to all of us, explaining that there would be test and quizes given in this particular class.

Let me be brutely honest for a few minutes. One of the many reasons that I love broadcasting so much, is that everything is mostly hands on. I, myself, learn better if I am taught using hands on material. In the year and a half, almost two years that I've been here, I have only had one broadcasting class that had mutiply tests. And that was an introduction class. Everything else has been projects using cameras, radio, learning how to direct...no books, no notes kinda of class. So when someone comes in and says, "hey we're going to have quizes in a class", that in no way needs to have quizes or test, my first reaction is, "Um hey, I didn't sign up for this. Just because your in charge now, doesn't mean you need to make this harder on us, then it already has been without a teacher."

"Leadership is not always given to those who deserve it, but rather given just because there is no one else to do the job!"

I am disappointed and angry at the fact that two graduate students were given the job, not because they deserve it, or because they can teach the class, but rather because we have no one else.

I am only praying that God make everyday like yesterday! Successful, full of happiness, and a feeling of accomplishment!

With Love,
Callie Marie.

1 comment: